New Surface Preparation
Proper ground preparation is essential for the establishment and future well-being of your new lawn or playing surface. Inadequately prepared ground with never produce the best results, so we will put in time an effort at this stage.
- Remove existing turf by slicing beneath the turf with a spade. For larger areas, consider hiring a purpose-designed turf cutter from a local tool hire.
- The soil then needs to be turned over thoroughly to a depth of 15cm using a spade or a rotavator
- Clear the area of stones, weeds, old turf and other debris.
Before laying turf, the ground needs to be level and the surface should be firm but not compacted.
- Rake the area to produce a smooth, level surface.
- Lightly tread over the surface by foot to reveal any soft patches which can then be raked level. This process should continue until the whole area is firm and level.